A wooden antimension (a substitute for the Holy Altar) of the Monastery of Kykkos with carved symbols of the Passion and of the relics. A sixth-century ivory plaque with Apostle Peter and a twelfth-century cameo glass with Saint Demetrios were also affixed to the antimension. It is a votive offering of Archbishop Nikephoros (1641-1674).
|Timespan||1653, 3 quarter of the 17th century, 17-th, 17th, 17th century, Second half of the 17th century|
|Subject Terms||furnishings (works), furnishing (work), Byzantine art, Archaeology, wood (plant material), wooden, Byzantine (culture and style), the instruments of the Passion and the five wounded limbs, saints|
|Provider||AMSHistorica - University of Bologna|