From 1908 to 1914 the area behind the Basilica of Sant'Apollinare Nuovo was the site of an excavation campaign that revealed a complex identified as the Palace of Theodoric. The floor mosaics found have been detached and they are now conserved in the building that served as portico to the destroyed church of San Salvatore ad Calchi (the so-called Palace of Theodoric). At the end of the excavation campaign the digs were covered.
|Subject Terms||Byzantine art, Archaeology, Byzantine (culture and style)|
|Provider||AMSHistorica - University of Bologna|