Tacumshane Windmill latterly Tacumshin Windmill
SD: Freestanding single-bay three-stage tapered windmill, dated 1846, on a circular plan. In use, 1903. Reroofed, 1908. Closed, 1936. Disused, 1940. Restored, 1952, to accommodate use as museum. Interior including meal floor (first stage) with limestone flagged floor, stone floor (second stage) with timber boarded floor on timber joists, and dust floor (top stage) with timber boarded floor on timber joists retaining mechanisms. Set back from road in own grounds [DS/SS].APPRAISAL:National Monument: 457.
|Collection||National Inventory of Architectural Heritage|
(Department of Environment, Heritage and Local Government. All Rights Reserved.)
|Subject Terms||mill (wind)|
|Provider||Irish Manuscripts Commission|