Rosslare Harbour Lighthouse

Rosslare Harbour LighthouseSD: Freestanding single-bay two-stage lighthouse, under construction 1902; commissioned 1906?, on a circular plan supporting lantern. Set on mass concrete "ashlar" battered pier [OS].APPRAISAL:SA: A small-scale lighthouse surviving as an interesting relic of the redevelopment (1902-6) of Rosslare Harbour by Charles Brand and Son, contractors of Glasgow, on behalf of the Fishguard and Rosslare Railways and Harbours Company (FRRHC).

CountryIreland
CollectionNational Inventory of Architectural Heritage
Year1900, 1910
TimespanTwentieth Century
Rightshttp://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
(Department of Environment, Heritage and Local Government.  All Rights Reserved.)
Location
Other objects in the vicinity
Repository Pagehttps://www.europeana.eu/item/15414/niah_search_jsp_type_rec...
Web Pagehttp://www.buildingsofireland.ie/niah/search.jsp?type=record...
Subject Termslighthouse
ProviderIrish Manuscripts Commission